Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-8 '69 nitrous pro mod camaro

comp1839

with all of the parts needed, to actually hold the car up, completed. i stuck the wheels and tires on to check if all of the calculating and effort are paying off.

here the car is on it's own 4 wheels. keep in mind that the front tires are only temporary units (they are R.C. pieces). the front tires scale out to around 22 inches in diameter. the correct front tires, which i have yet to make, will be 25 inches in diameter. so the front end is about 3/16" too low. the new, proper diameter front tires will correct the ride height dimension.

FINALLY, sitting on it's own.

DSCN4441_zpsab643a4c.jpg

here you can see i have a 3/8" piece of rect. tubing as a gauge. the front height is low by the diameter of the frame rail. which is 3/16". so all is good!

DSCN4436_zps927ce28f.jpg

this pic shows all the front end pieces in place. track width is correct. geometry is correct. you'll note the front wheel/ brake relationship is correct. the front brakes DO NOT hang out from the front wheel as in many factory version models.

DSCN4432_zpsb0780613.jpg

DSCN4433_zpsc073e9a9.jpg

Edited by comp1839

henry and tom, thanks! appreciate the thoughts.

aaron, while the saying is old, it's never been more true! LOL! thanks.

mike, always glad to help!!!

chris, thanks bud. it is such a milestone getting this to be on all four wheels. not many would GET it..... i know you do!!!

jason, that's quite the compliment. thank you.

scott, thanks so much. were getting to the point where i'll be getting to install some "chassis accessories" !!!! hehe.

I can't wait to see how the "accessories" look and work out for you when installed. Would you mind if I borrow your nice, close up view of your dry sump pump to use as a model for a 1/25th scale version? If so, what is the overall length of it? I like how you've painted the inset portions of it. That really adds a lot to the character of it. Keep on truckin' my friend! :)

Edited by futurattraction

henry, thanks!

scott, sure, you can use it if you want. it's probably 10" or so in 1:1. if you want more accuracy. i run a different style dry sump system in my 1:1 cars. i can give you on the money dimensions for the entire system if you want.

chris, always a pleasure to read your comments!!!

mark, thanks so much!

dave, thanks and anything you need just yell. hehe.