Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trashed firebird getting a makeover--- 1994 camaro build

xbazzarex

I've had this car sitting in my junk box for a few years dreading the day I would work on it, the original builder did a pretty ad glue job, did no painting, and the worst part.... Cut custom t tops in the roof without measure( they are very crooked). A few days ago I pulled it out cut everything apart and set to work, I'm still fitting all the customer stuff in and making the parts fit. The car had no drivetrain whatsoever when I got it, I put in a rear that I had to cut down to fit long ways and between the tires, the engine and trans are the 3800 v6 from the Buick grand national that I can't find all the parts to so that's also stil in the works. I repainted the interior( still have to do touch ups on this) adding in a roll cage and racing seats. So far I like how it's turning out a lot better than I thought it would but any ideas and tips would be appreciated. The body itself is the worst part I'm probably going to cut it apart at the glue and re apply the glue, there are huge gaps between bumpers. I'll be adding more photos when I can take decent pictures. I will also be adding pics of the 94 camaro tomorrow, I've finished part of the engine and the rear so far.

post-6780-0-70844700-1376280724_thumb.jp

post-6780-0-53646700-1376280750_thumb.jp

post-6780-0-06604000-1376280786_thumb.jp

Update- the firebird progressed well until I got to the body, the front end and the hood appear to either be from another kit or shaved down to the point they do not fit on the body correctly, I guess that's why they used a half a tube of glue on it. Still up in the air on if I'm going to fix it or just complete the rest of the car and keep the front off for a dio I'd like to do one day. Also adding pics of the camaro, found some old chrome badges from an older kit and ill be throwing those on after I find their the parts box again.

Also not sure why the pictures uploaded upside down.... Lol

post-6780-0-65300000-1376333638_thumb.jp

post-6780-0-81465400-1376333685_thumb.jp

post-6780-0-87027800-1376333800_thumb.jp

post-6780-0-97800500-1376333816_thumb.jp

post-6780-0-34282000-1376333836_thumb.jp

It could be the orientation of your iPad when taking photos. Some of the meta data it stores is not always recognized in certain situations which could be why it's showing the way it is. Just keep an eye on how your iPad is rotated when snapping a shot.

To correct the photos you've already taken, or photos in the future, look at an App like Camera+. It allows you to rotate and save a completely new file which I believe wipes out all the Apple meta data.

And by the way, your model is coming along nicely too.

I think it's because I'm using a crappy ipad, it doesn't give the options I see pictured in your picture.

My wife does this sometimes and I have to flip the pictures when storing to the computer. Just flip your ipad 180 degrees when taking pics...problem solved. BTW, I like the car but, did I miss the 94 Camaro somewhere?

Edited by Skydime

Thanks I never thought about the flipping of the iPad that's actually probably what it is ill try on my next post. The camaro is jus t a frame at this point it's the frame with the lt-1 one it. Any pointers are appreciated, I've looked around the forums and seen some incredible build that put mine to shame pretty easily lol. I'd like to do spark plug wires, I have red coated wire that should be about the correct size but I wanted to see how people made the plugs for the ends. I'd also like to add carpet does fabric from the craft store work if its the right texture or is there and easier way to do this?

The firebird has been set a side for a bit so I can get more work done on this camaro. The following pics are the interior, the car is going to be red exterior with allthepieces that are normally the black plastic painted flat aluminum to match the interior. Also had a neat idea for a scale size of the dash protectors all I have on that so far is a picture still trying to decide how to proceed on that, considering thin cardboard to give it the same folding effect as in real life.

post-6780-0-45680000-1376514826_thumb.jp

post-6780-0-98916400-1376514845_thumb.jp

post-6780-0-60130000-1376514975_thumb.jp