Model Cars Magazine Forum

Off road type tires for a big rig?

Anyone know of some tires / wheels for a large truck with an aggressive tread? Preferably an older style tread since I'm going to use them on the rear wheels of an IHC R-190 pumper-tanker I'm planning.

I'd like something like the tires on this truck

http://www.geocities.com/cnf_e32/apparatus...sh6/BrushZ1.JPG

I guess I can use a set from the Paystar but I would prefer something other than that kits military non-directional tread.

I've checked STS, AITM might have some but I can't find my MTFAco catalog to check.

Thanks

Spalding is usually my first stop, I but didn't see what I want this time.

One of the KFS wheels might work, was RNK the one that had the old Peterbilts? If so I'm glad to hear he is coming back I really wanted to get one of the 40's petes but when I went to the site to get one his site was gone.

Stefan, the Unimog won't work, too balloony but I have a Revell AG Mercedes crash truck, I'll check the wheels on that I forgot I had it on the shelf until you mentioned the Unimog.

Thanks

It is an airport type fire engine. I tried to find one online to lnk to but can't find one. It is a cab over style truck similar in appearance to the Unimog RW-1 rescue truck but a little different. When I get home I can check the box and find out exactly what the kit name is.