Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real Or Memorex?

do you mean to tell me i am the only one convinced those are drawn in panel lines on the louvers ontop the fenders (to mention only one feature) , and rather shakily drawn panel lines at that?

and the whole thing looks totally model like to me.

but maybe somehow you folks can see the photos better than me.

the window nets look very model like to me too, im just not real familiar with how "real" nets of that sort look, but those in the photo look unrealistically "chunky" to me.

if thats a photo submitted for an auction, i bet either it is a photo of a model the owner of the car had commissioned that somehow got ran or the photo was submitted as a prank. sure dont look real to me.

Yeah, I'm not entirely convinced it's real and not a model. There isn't any real proof one way or another as there is nothing in that series of shots to say for sure.

There is a typo in the ad for a JLP-9 making me think there was another car floating around. There was no JLP-9. In theory it's the actual JPL-3. I am not sure when these studio photos were taken but it wasn't at the time it was auctioned because there were no names on the car, and there was two additional stickers in the front windshield and the fuel door decal is gone. It was nameless in 2001 at Gunnar Racing (it also didn't have the wheel cover on it at that time), 2005 at two historical events and 2006-2007 at no less than two auction houses. Perhaps these studio shots are quite a bit older, and don't look like they were done real professional. That in its self is a little strange to set up a and pay* for a studio shoot and not do it all the way - shooting on a cyclorama but not silk over the top (under the lights) for that matter the reflection of the lights don't even look like studio lighting.

When I shot a Porsche in a studio it was about $25,000.00 for two days 1 to set up and 1 to shoot. That included studio time on a cyclorama, studio lights, stands, a double silk, a crew, craft, and a Sony HD 1080I.

post-2119-1195289325_thumb.jpg

Edited by CAL