Model Cars Magazine Forum

Koenig Specials Countach

ChiefInspector

My first build in quite some time. Forgot where I came across it, but fell in love almost immediately. My only disappointment is it does not have a drive train. It has the space and opening hood so I am looking for parts to fix that. May not do the Lambo engine, maybe a V6 or V8 with some monster turbos. Maybe an AMG V12 with some turbos. But I've got time to decide.

Box Art

IMG_0360_zps0d685830.jpg

Current progerss: 15 minutes of work. 2 weeks ago. It will be sloooooooow

IMG_0363_zpsb33273a5.jpg

Not sure what color it will be, maybe a dark purple with a tinted wet look clear. Maybe a dark tan and black interior. But that may change, again.

Hey Chris, awsome looking car. The color on the box looks awsome as well. Either way it will make a nice subject for building. I'm in the 'quite some time' builders camp as well (14yrs) and for me the 'getting back into it' curve has been steep. Just take your time and do all your planiing and parts fitment ahead of assembly. I'm sure you know that but just in case!

Gene

Those A-pillars look fragile!

Ah, good point Adam!

They are quite fragile and usually break just after cutting out the large support in the middle of the windshield. Gluing in some sort of support wire behind them however, will prevent this!

I was wondering how to fix that untill l came farther down. The testor version of this kit are bowed when it comes of of the box..

Did a bit to it last night/early this morning, realized I made a huge mistake and mounted the rear flares a little too far back. After 2 weeks the cement is set hard. Don't want to risk breaking anything, so i will try to work around it. May have to set the wheels/tires back a smidge. A little heat will take care of that. I'll get a picture of it once my camera battery charges up, left it on all night again

About the a-pillars, I was thinking of making a roll cage and just attaching it to the underside of the body, will have to do a bunch of test fitting, but may just do the wire trick. .