Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jeep J-10

bsoder

I started this a couple days before I saw Mad Slammers beautiful Honcho, and it really inspired me!

and yes I did have those Boggers already! ;) anyway havin' a lot of fun with this project...this is the first

"lifted" truck I've ever done so It's not all tricked out, just your basic Winter driver if you live in,oh..like Wyoming :P

000_2258.jpg

000_2253.jpg

000_2252.jpg

Ha ha ha. Popular to contrary belief, these tires are a nightmare in the snow. My friend has Boggers on his Jeep and it basically is like ice skating with 4 circular objects that roll if that makes sense. But in the mud and rocks, these babies are a dream. What is funny is that after hopping about 24 curbs my friend still has no winter tires?!?!?! LOL

Glad to see another Jeep buildup. I think I might have to grab one of those Honcho kits. Looks like a great start you have there.

Great Looking Rig you got started there Brian, can't wait to see it finished :lol: :lol:

Ha ha ha. Popular to contrary belief, these tires are a nightmare in the snow. My friend has Boggers on his Jeep and it basically is like ice skating with 4 circular objects that roll if that makes sense. But in the mud and rocks, these babies are a dream. What is funny is that after hopping about 24 curbs my friend still has no winter tires?!?!?! LOL

Glad to see another Jeep buildup. I think I might have to grab one of those Honcho kits. Looks like a great start you have there.

Yeah I will never understand why people would try to use tires for something they weren't meant for, especially when the sidewall/ name clearly states what it's for.... :blink: It's like some that would use dry surface tires on Wet/Snow Covered/Muddy/Gravel roads, and don't understand why that they have no traction ;)

If at any point you have a Truck/Jeep that has Mud Terrain Tires, and you get caught in a Snow Storm/on Snow Road or Path, simply air down the tires to maximize their traction capabilities till safely out of said situation(Ofcourse Vehicle Speed should be kept at a min, to lower the possibilty of throwing a tire from the rim) ;) .

I'm sure you right..Hey whatta I know I live in Ca.!!! ;);):lol::lol: