Model Cars Magazine Forum

Little saint Nick

pappabear1973

Ok, been a while it of modeling. Some may know me. Putting together plans on a 1:1 scale show rod. 60's/70's style. Want to work out a couple of ideas on plastic first. So I am collecting party's to do this build. Have several already and eager to get started. I plan on doing at bucket body modified to slightly resemble a sleigh. Paint it something close to candy Apple red with white pin stripping probably. A bunch of chrome and brass. Herr is a very tough sketch of my idea. Thanks. Jody

post-12753-0-64581900-1384089426_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

OK. This is a idea I have for a possible 1:1. I am working on two ideas. This one will be the first to be started in plastic. I want to see how appealing it may be to the eye before I start on a full size. Yes, Christmas themed. Does any one remember the song? LOL. I am starting with a old 23 t bucket body. Once it is smoothed out, it will be converted to a 15 bucket body. Then I will do the remainder mods. Idea is a 60's style custom/show. This is my first build in about two years. I had gotten rid of basically everything model related before durring my seperation. So I am starting from scratch here. Also work is slow durring winter months, so I am going to have to be real frugal. That being siad, please bear with me on my methods as I have to seriously improvise. Ejoy. Thanks. Jody

DA64FCAA-orig.jpg

C817361D-orig.jpg

0149D756-orig.jpg

I have done some of the cutting now. You will see the print out of the dimensions of the different bodies. I have sliced the body. There is a slight difference in the cowl section. But in this scale, it would be too difficult for me to change that area. So I will leave enough alone. I believe the leg show t bucket was a converted 1923 bucket changed to a 1915. I do not know if they changed this area or not. I am not concerned on this. If I do a 1/1, I will have to. Thanks. Jody

B4B63C03-orig.jpg

718E3A14-orig.jpg

320ADCF8-orig.jpg