Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tameo 1/43 Ferrari 312B3, F1

surfjunke

I finally got the chance to try one of Tameo's 1/43rd "super kits". This was my first attempt & it was quite a challenge & fun build. The kit has over 250 pieces! Mostly photo etch stainless steel, beautifully cast metal & lots on tiny turned aluminum parts.

I built this kit box stock except for some wiring, plumbing & replacing the under size rear springs.

This is the interior that was made up of many photo etch parts that were folded up & slotted together & the parts "clicked" together for an incredibly fine fit. I soldered a few of the joints & the interior was ready for the front suspension, interior & other tiny bits.

RidStudiosbuilds226Small-vi.jpg

Here is the engine,trans & rear suspension. Mostly from white metal parts. The new springs were fine brass wire wrapped around an appropriate size drill bit. The wire was from Detail Master. The paint used was Tamiya acrylics & some Alclad.

RidStudiosbuilds225Small-vi.jpg

Here is the finished kit with the body panels on. Finish was Tamiya acrylics & Dupont 2 part clear. Tameo always supplies 2 sets of decals with their kits & I am always thankful for that. The front & rear wings were cast metal parts that were sanding smooth & polished.

Tameo143Ferrari312B3004-vi.jpg

The Ferrari with the body panels removed.

Tameo143Ferrari312B3003-vi.jpg

This was the most incredible kit I have ever had the chance to build! Every thing fit & I had no assembly problems with the kit at all! A major challenge to build, but also a lot of fun (I know, I said that already). I would like to try a few more of these Tameo kits.

Thank you for looking & enjoy.

Thank you for the comments.

Tameo's SLK or "Silver" range, are all well detailed F1 Kits.

Some of their TMK range from the 60's & 70's that had exposed engines, trans & suspensions are very detailed.

Their "Super" kits are in their WTC range, World Champ kits.

Edited by surfjunke