Model Cars Magazine Forum

Polly Scale Paint

Hi Guys, got a question for ya. The word I got on the street is that Polly Scale paint is not being produced anymore ???? First does anyone know of this and if true is there a "water" (not special thinners) paint that is very close to the quality of the Polly Scale brand???

Thanks for any help!

Charlie

Pro Tech

Testors, having bought Floquil and Polyscale years ago, decided to bring everything under their label. Look for an expansion of the Model Master Enamel and Acrylic lines.

That said, Lifecolor acrylic is great paint and a worthy replacement. It can be brushed as well as sprayedvery easily unlike Tamiya. Lifecolor is a true "water paint" as well.

G

Hey Charlie, it is indeed true. However, the guy who owns/runs the hobby shop that sponsors our IPMS club told us that Testors is planning to bring back some of the colors under the Testors name. As mentioned earlier Vallejo would be a very suitable replacement. Reaper gaming paints are another option.

Have you tried Vallejo? I've been very impressed with it so far.

Maybe I'm just not used to them, but the Vallejo paints seem to go on thick and dry slow compared to Polly Scale. One of the things I like about the Polly Scale is how well details show under it.

I have only used the air brush ready Vallejo paint - which was too thick to spray with my Iwata Eclipse.

Edited by Erik Smith