Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 c cab

pappabear1973

O.k. I have always loved t buckets and c cabs. A number of years ago some one on here started a cab back when I was into big boys. I was so young and foolish it seems then. Lol. I loved the idea of it. I dint know what ever happened to it. The body was supposed to get molded and I wanted one. Never saw it happen. There is a British c cab from the seventies called "revenge; I really love the style of it. A Scottish gentleman has found it and restored it to a different paint scheme. Rumor has it that the mold was found and a very few select bodies were offered. I know a fellow Australian that bought one and is doing a show rod with it. There are a couple things I do not like about the back of the body. So I am taking things into my own hands. With several measurements of a 1915 t bucket I am going to try to piece this together. I do not have all of the measurements, so some will have to be eye balled. Hopefully it come out ok. I tried the Times to make the bottom front half of the body and it did not look right. I finally found out that my square was NOT square. So I had to buy a digital protracter so that I could also do 60'angles on the frame also. Now I'm getting some where's. The idea it's I am going to make a buck. Then a fiberglass mold of it. Then I will make a fiberglass body from the mold. This will be my first time ever working with fiberglass. So we will see how it goes. This is where I stand today. Merry Christmas.

post-12753-0-83709900-1387975391_thumb.j

post-12753-0-18045200-1387975410_thumb.j

post-12753-0-46216500-1387975426_thumb.j

post-12753-0-57433000-1387975440_thumb.j

post-12753-0-20347700-1387975480_thumb.j