Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Charger No.2 (A.K.A "bout time I bloody finish a model")

Shelby 427 1965

Well, for Christmas, my friend got me the only model I received - A '68 Charger.

I really, really like '68 Chargers - So I didn't mind building another!

11626392426_06bb774639_h.jpg

This one I'm going for a "restored a while ago but well used since" sorta look.

It's gonna be a purpley colour (not the right colour, but one I bought a long time ago and have been meaning to use. It's gonna have a base of the purple, and the final will be the Lavender.

11625603685_f642ba77fe_h.jpg

So, I cranked on the tunes and got to work!

11626390746_3fedc5788a_h.jpg

So this was my inspiration for the build, my previous '68 Charger, which by far got the most positive responses of any of my models. :P

11625848213_0286e69284_h.jpg

First off was the wheels. I didn't paint these, I left them the molded white. I weathered them using a mix of tamiya black wash and tamiya weathering set D. I left off one hubcap to continue the used theme.

11625987674_b5b188e20d_h.jpg

Then came the engine. I opted for the 440 to be different from my 426, and to allow me to have the stock hood, which I wanted in the last one.

Beginning:

11626385416_c6d7ae4893_h.jpg

Middle (just a wash):

11626379006_911ff6ff5d_h.jpg

I'm gonna weather it a lot more obviously but this is what I have done for now. Gonna try and make the most realistic engine I can because I've never really tried too hard on my engine weathering.

Now, the underside. This is just the first coats, once the second coats are done you'll see it better. I'm having it Lavender with bits of purple, hence the purple underside.

11625605415_f9e8bf1147_h.jpg

11625977004_4e092d5acd_h.jpg

Interior:

Interior is gonna be plane Jane white. nothing much to say here. Need to sand, putty and repaint the seams in the seats, though. I never did that in my last Charger, so I'm gonna do it in this one.

11625834183_7d0b138862_h.jpg

I really want to open the lights, but I haven't the resources for the lenses. :(

Thanks for looking, I'm gonna finish this one if it kills me!

Edited by Shelby 427 1965

nice choice, love the chargers too, good start so far.....

1 thing, black sabbath as your avatar and your playing the police? i guess the 440 gets the milder music. good choice either way. the police are very good musicians, but sabbath just ROCKS!!

Cheers everyone!

tubbs - Vol.4 is by far one of my favourite albums of all time! But I'm really getting into the Police, as a drummer I am in LOVE with the drumming by The Police. Sooo good! But aye, the 440 is totally getting the milder music. :P

o-man - there's a reason it's been a long time, the GTI has been stealing my time and my funds! :P It's coming along great though, I've spent all the money I need to pretty much (breaks my bloody heart..) so now it's just waiting for the better weather so I can assemble it like a big model. ;)