Model Cars Magazine Forum

55 Chevy Street Machine, my first model in 35 years

abelaxe

I just wanted to post some progress pics of my first build. Right now my focus is on NOT making a glue bomb. I made the 2 down bars for the roll bar because I didnt like how the original bar cut right over the passenger seat. There was probably a better way to make the joints on the bars, but right now I have limited modeling tools so I had to improvise. I also put a black wash on the grill and the wheels. Im going to paint the interior flat black, and paint the inserts in the seats white or red havent decided yet. The cars body color is going to be model master Guards Red. Let me know what you guys think, again please keep in mind this is my first model in a VERY long time. :)

Thanks

20140102_201354.jpg

20140102_201508.jpg

20140102_201418-1.jpg

Stick with it !!!

Is this all glued together, are you planning on painting it.

Yes its glued together....The interior Im going to paint black.I should have held off on gluing in the seats. Im going to paint the body red. But its only 32 degrees outside. :(

Looks like your off to a good start.I know this is not the best kit out there but it is one of my favorites

I am seeing its not the best kit..One of the front end pieces didnt fit all that well. But it was the only 55 chevy my hobby shop had in stock.

Here is a couple update pics on the 55. I primed the body and the interior. I painted the interior semi gloss black with SEM automotive paint. The body is primed with Plastikoat. I got a little frustrated when sanding one of the front leaf springs...the shackle on one of the springs snapped off...Who knows where it went. :( Im going to finish this the best way I can.

20140103_160959.jpg

20140103_160907.jpg