Model Cars Magazine Forum

Legos

Many of you probably already know this but I didn't so I thought I'd share.

My wife discovered you can order Legos individually directly from Lego. It costs a little more but you can customize your own package and get just the blocks you want.

Lego individual blocks

You just go in and select the bricks you want, how many of each etc. You can even select the color (my brilliant wife even color coded mine so I know the size brick by color, 2x2 = yellow, 2x4 = green, 2x6 = blue, 2x8 = red).

For those of you wondering why is this guy talking about Legos in the resin forum, Legos make great forms for molds.

BTW the link is good but it looks scary with that warning=false bit on the end, if you don't trust it you can go to this link and select indiviual blocks

http://shop.lego.com/ByCategory/

Edited by Aaronw

Lego has a program called Lego Digital designer. You can download it here: Lego Digital Designer

This program allows you to build stuff on screen, and then it can even tell you the price of the kit and allows you to order whatever you built. It could be handy for building your molds. The only problem that I could see is that you need some Legos for reference on your measurement.

Is this the cheapest way to get Legos, probably not, but it is kinda fun and there are some interesting creations that can be made.