Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anyone build one of these? Revell GMC plow truck

revell-gmc-pickup-with-snow-plow.jpg

I'm thinking of building up one of these as a tow rig for my beat up Bel Air once I finish it. I'll probably ditch the plow and paint it up to look like an M1008 CUCV, like this

b42e5fb86406be2d98100088c280625c.jpg

If anyone's got pics of one completed or in the works, post em up.

This kit is 1:24 scale and originally a Monogram; the Fall Guy kit is 1:25 and originally MPC. Aside from low detail in key areas, the only major issue with this kit is the rear cab wall. As designed, it is very difficult to get the interior in with the cab wall in place. Waiting to glue in the cab wall after paint during final assembly would leave a highly visible seam.

the only major issue with this kit is the rear cab wall. As designed, it is very difficult to get the interior in with the cab wall in place. Waiting to glue in the cab wall after paint during final assembly would leave a highly visible seam.

ill second this. you have to glue the cab together before priming. but i assembled the bed after paint and it made it easier to wet sand and buff out