Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hot Rod movie Willys

brett

Our club had a movie car night a month or so back so I attempted to recreate the willys from the movie Hot Rod, in the most gasser esque guise it ran in

Amt body/chassis with Revell motor. parts box rear wheels and tires, front wheels are from the 50 olds kit

DSCF2101_zps40974589.jpg

DSCF2104_zpsba3873ea.jpg

DSCF2102_zpsaf1257fd.jpg

it shouldnt have the flip front I know but it just worked out that way using the AMT body.

DSCF2105_zpsb25f0dbe.jpg

DSCF2106_zps9dea5ccd.jpg

headers are solder with aluminum collectors

Edited by brett

The other build I did for movie night was the 57 chev from the Australian film Running on Empty, may be a bit more of a street racer type car, it would also fit as a gasser if it had slicks, anyways here it is, Revell Black widow body etc, monogram 70 Chevelle engine parts box wheels and tires

DSCF2070_zps150386a1.jpg

DSCF2071_zps389a6b6d.jpg

DSCF2074_zpse7ea6f83.jpgDSCF2079_zpsfbb5abd8.jpg

DSCF2068_zpsb88db709.jpg

DSCF2066_zpsc7c229e3.jpg

Edited by brett

• 3 weeks later...

Dont know about it being a good Aussie movie Jesse, Think it was called Fast Lane Fever in the states but I'm pretty sure its on you tube.

Thanks for the nice comments guys, appreciate it. While neither of these cars is completely correct, they carry enough of the intention behind them to portray the cars intended (everyone who knows car movies knows what cars they are supposed to be).