Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack badged Scania conventionals?

I was out driving around today with my little one napping in the back seat when I came across a pair of trucks sitting in a yard looking quite the worse for wear. They were badged as Macks, complete with bulldog hood ornaments, but the cab design and wheels were distinctly European. After some research, I discovered that the trucks look very close to a Scania 1-series conventional. Now, also discovering that Mack and Scania have a very close relationship with their engines and buses, seeing Scania trucks in Canada badged as Macks makes a certain amount of sense. However, I cant seem to find any reference to them online or even what model designation Mack gave them. If it werent for the rain I would've tried to snap a couple of pictures to prove I'm not crazy...!

Does anyone else know anything at all about these weird trucks?

Those cabs looks European as you say, but they are not Scania. they look more like a Volvo F4-F6 COE cab with a nose attached, that cab was also used by Magirus, DAF and Renault...and I have seen small MACK COE's with this cab.

One thing tho', they have mounted the doors the other way around on these, the cutout in front are for the wheel wells on the COE's.

Volvo owns MACK since some years back so that might be the reason.