Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Chevy Stepside Pickup by Revell

Nice work! I like the weathering - subtle, and not overdone. The truck reminds me of one my former father in law had back in the day. It was a similar blue color, and was getting weathered like that in the 1970's.

Sam

Thanks Sam! I like that blue color as well. It's just from a rattle can and I have some left so I'll definitely have something else in that color.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good! I bought that kit with plans to build it up but never did. I ended up snagging a bunch of parts from it for the Gasser Bel Air I'm building. I did end up chopping and sectioning the factory cab when I was bored one time lol

Thanks, Jon. I liked this kit a lot and if I had much more time there's tons of stuff you could really do with it, i.e., add a real wood bed, add a stake bed. I'm too scared to chop tops, but it sounds like fun.

Thanks, Jon. I liked this kit a lot and if I had much more time there's tons of stuff you could really do with it, i.e., add a real wood bed, add a stake bed. I'm too scared to chop tops, but it sounds like fun.

Mine turned out pretty bad, but it was my first try lol. I think I can fix it with some trimming and filing. It's amazing what you can do with a dremel tool, though. I didn't have mine yet when I chopped the top, but I did have it when I sectioned the body.