Model Cars Magazine Forum

Taking a break from my Bel-Air to work on this

Jon Geddes

I've been getting kind of burnt out due to lack of ideas on how to make my mostly custom Beater Bel-Air to look right, so I'm taking a break from that project and working on this Revell '69 Shelby GT500 Convertible. It's rare that I find a can of paint and go out on the hunt for a model to paint it with, but that's how this decision came about. I had a can of light, powderpuff pink spray paint in my box of paint for several years. I dug it out and looked around for a model that would look novel in pink. I figured this would be a good candidate. First coat of paint is on, it'll need a fair amount of sanding and smoothing, however.

post-7556-0-47460100-1402798960_thumb.jp

post-7556-0-87526100-1402799011_thumb.jp

Edited by Jon Geddes

Pink was offered but quite rare in 67-68 on the mustang. Special order paint could be had from any ford,Lincoln, mercury color chart all through the 60s on a mustang

I had to see what the factory pink looked like on the old Mustangs so I did a quick Google search. Turns out it was nearly the same shade as what I'm using. Pretty cool!

post-7556-0-80118600-1402859061_thumb.jp