Model Cars Magazine Forum

Acrylic Wax In Canada

I am having a real problem finding Acrylic wax in Canada. I have looked at Wall Mart and most other stores. It seems I can't even find liquid floor wax. Any help om this would be appreciated. I know that future no longer exists but what does. Please Help.

I have seen it at Canadian Tire and Walmart here in Regina, SK. It is now called Pledge Floor Finish with Future Shine. Not sure if it is the same formula as I have half a bottle of Future that is from years ago.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/pledge-with-future-premium-floor-finish/6000016951678

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/home/cleaning/vacuums-floor-cleaning/floor-and-carpet-care-supplies/future-floor-wax-795-ml-0530350p.html?utm_campaign=bazaarvoice&utm_medium=SearchVoice&utm_source=AskAndAnswer&utm_content=Default#.U8aHHkDF-ho

Edited by Ford Customline

Do they have Dollar Tree stores in Canada? Because they have a store-brand product called "LA's Totally Awesome Mop & Shine" that's reportedly real close. I haven't tried it yet because I still have a healthy supply of Future, but next time I need some I'm going to give it a shot.

20976.jpg

Do they have Dollar Tree stores in Canada? Because they have a store-brand product called "LA's Totally Awesome Mop & Shine" that's reportedly real close. I haven't tried it yet because I still have a healthy supply of Future, but next time I need some I'm going to give it a shot.

20976.jpgI think they might have a dollar tree. I checked the Dollar store but nothing there.

20976.jpg

Lawrence, I have tried it and it is not as good as Future. It is thinner and does not coat as well.This is especially true if wiped on like I use it and if covering decals.

Here's article on uses, and trade names around world. Updated last year, 2013. Pretty awesome.

It's a horrible dessert topping though.

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

See if this works, it was a gif in link. art.gif

"Australia - Coles Supermarkets, Woolworth's, Supa Valu, Newmart, Bunnings.

Belgium - Delhaize Supermarkets, Colruyt Supermarkets.
Canada - Loblaws, No-Frills, Sobeys, Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart, Valu-Mart.
China - Wal Mart
France - Auchan, Leclerc, Intermarche, Atac, Castorama, Carrefour, Monoprix.
Germany - in DroMarkt or Muller stores, Marktkauf and Drogeriemarkt Muller.
ATTENTION GERMAN MODELERS! There is a source for the REAL FUTURE in Germany. A small company is making and selling the product in large bottles and you can contact them directly at this website ..... www.Modellbaufarben.de
Malasia - Ace Hardware
Netherlands - In superstore's like Edah and C-1000. Also look in "Super de Boer" and 'Albert Heijn' which is locally referred to as 'AH'.
New Zealand - Woolworth's, Pricecutter, 4Square, Pak-n-Save, The Warehouse, Countdown, Bunning's Warehouse.
Philippines - Available at Ace Hardware, Home Hardware, the DIY Store, and grocery stores like SM Super/Hypermart and Rustans.
Singapore - Handyman DIY and at a hardware store called Home-Fix in Tampines One Shopping Mall
Spain - Bosque Verde floor wax "Cera". Not exactly the same but very similar in properties.
Taiwan - Geant
United Kingdom/Ireland - Sainsbury's, Safeway, Tesco's.
USA - Wal-Mart, Giant Foods, K-Mart, Kroger, Winn-Dixie, Food Lion.
If all else fails take a look at US Army/Air Forces Exchanges Services stores (AAFES) and in some large area commissaries or you can call S.C. Johnson direct at 800-848-2588 and ask for the Pledge "Premium Floor Finish with Future" Shine and they will ship some to you. This is a service they offer for customers who cannot find one of their products.
One final note on product availability, if you just have to have the original USA Future you can always order by mail from Amazon.com. "

Edited by keyser

Pretty sure this is the current label. I haven't bought any since it was still just plain "Future", then it was "Pledge with Future shine", now just "Pledge". But as Harry pointed out, it was never labeled as "wax", that was just a generic term applied like the way we call nitro R/C cars "Gas" cars.

FloorCare_MultiSurface_L.png

Here's article on uses, and trade names around world. Updated last year, 2013. Pretty awesome.

It's a horrible dessert topping though.

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

See if this works, it was a gif in link. art.gif

"Australia - Coles Supermarkets, Woolworth's, Supa Valu, Newmart, Bunnings.

Belgium - Delhaize Supermarkets, Colruyt Supermarkets.

Canada - Loblaws, No-Frills, Sobeys, Canadian Tire, Wal-Mart, Valu-Mart.

China - Wal Mart

France - Auchan, Leclerc, Intermarche, Atac, Castorama, Carrefour, Monoprix.

Germany - in DroMarkt or Muller stores, Marktkauf and Drogeriemarkt Muller.

ATTENTION GERMAN MODELERS! There is a source for the REAL FUTURE in Germany. A small company is making and selling the product in large bottles and you can contact them directly at this website ..... www.Modellbaufarben.de

Malasia - Ace Hardware

Netherlands - In superstore's like Edah and C-1000. Also look in "Super de Boer" and 'Albert Heijn' which is locally referred to as 'AH'.

New Zealand - Woolworth's, Pricecutter, 4Square, Pak-n-Save, The Warehouse, Countdown, Bunning's Warehouse.

Philippines - Available at Ace Hardware, Home Hardware, the DIY Store, and grocery stores like SM Super/Hypermart and Rustans.

Singapore - Handyman DIY and at a hardware store called Home-Fix in Tampines One Shopping Mall

Spain - Bosque Verde floor wax "Cera". Not exactly the same but very similar in properties.

Taiwan - Geant

United Kingdom/Ireland - Sainsbury's, Safeway, Tesco's.

USA - Wal-Mart, Giant Foods, K-Mart, Kroger, Winn-Dixie, Food Lion.

If all else fails take a look at US Army/Air Forces Exchanges Services stores (AAFES) and in some large area commissaries or you can call S.C. Johnson direct at 800-848-2588 and ask for the Pledge "Premium Floor Finish with Future" Shine and they will ship some to you. This is a service they offer for customers who cannot find one of their products.

One final note on product availability, if you just have to have the original USA Future you can always order by mail from Amazon.com. "

Thank you so much for the article.

My local home hardware carries it. Maybe check to see if they can order it in for you if they don't have it on the shelf.

Thanks Arthur I go to Home Hardware Quite often. What is the brand name of what you buy? I will ask for the same.

I find it so hard to believe that all I am able to find is floor cleaner. No wax! Clerks have not been helpful at all.

Edited by Narampa

• 2 weeks later...

Found a Dollar Tree about 50 miles away. I bought the only two bottles of mop and shine they had. Don't laugh but this has be a hunt of mass proportion.

I dipped a painted part in the bottle and let it dry. I like the results but tomorrow the real test. I have a body to paint from my spare parts bin. I will post a picture later.