Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 plymouth gtx update 8-16-14

vc273

Hi been working on this now for the past couple of days and have it at the mock up stage. Am using a modified christine chassis and am converting it to a twin plug hemi. Not too sure about the rims at this stage but was thinking possibly black body keeping all the original chrome trims and fluro orange rims and cage/chassis set up. My other idea was using the sox and martin decals and paint as a what if. Will see what happens as i go along. Cheers and thanks for looking

009_zps148e4d17.jpg

008_zps8628f987.jpg

007_zpse6d28b7f.jpg

005_zpsd2b3fb5e.jpg

001_zps664f991f.jpg

Edited by vc273

Hi just a small update have been working on opening up the boot and modifying the ladder bar set up due to breaking the original ones. Have made them longer than the original and made up brackets on the diff housing to mount the top arms. Just in mock up at the moment nothing glued as Im thinking of removing the shocks and making or modify the originals. Cheers and thanks for looking.

044_zps0833a366.jpg

043_zps9b29cd33.jpg

041_zps6185027b.jpg040_zps30d7de84.jpg044_zps0833a366.jpg

Hi thanks everyone for your responses seems I may be on the right track with this build. Have made a few more mods on the rear end to get it down a bit lower so there is not as much rake. Think it gives the car a better overall look but now have to raise the rear floor section so the ladder bars fit properly. The joys of modifications. Cheers and thanks for looking

053_zps6fdd0ea3.jpg

050_zpse1c9eb30.jpg