Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Peterbilt Tri axle wrecker conversion kit

Hey guys, since the Peterbilt wrecker kit is back in circulation again I grabbed a few of them. Im scratch building some tool boxes to extend the wrecker body to take up the space where the sleeper would be. Im not big on sleepers, but besides that the body looks too short. If I cast this with a daycab panel as a kit, would anyone be interested? It would turn the kit into something like this.

7AEBB2FC-9BB7-49FE-8E49-B9D2AFD1294C_zps

Edited by Superpeterbilt

Would you be offering the tool box too? Depending on the cost, I could be interested.

Always wondered why a heavy wrecker like that needed a sleeper?

It would be a tool box with 2 or 3 doors to replace the sleeper, along with a daycab panel. Im not finished with it, but Im thinking about $20. Its just going to be a simple conversion that would require no modifications to the kit except cutting out the back of the cab.

I will have to post a picture of my blue superliner. I didn't like the sleeper option either so I just built a tunnel box to replace the space where the sleeper would have been totally changed the trucks whole look

Also not to be rude or picky but the body you have shown here is a new bodystyle 9055 which is the correct style body sides on today's rotators. However a 9055 isn't a rotator it's just a normal 50 ton wrecker. The repop rotator is bases off of an early challenger rotator. To be period correct you would use the older bodystyle 9055 body sides. You will know it is the correct one because the tail lights are not recessed in deep like the new style are.

Any idea on when these will be ready for purchase?

Chad

Im working on the master now.Im also throwing together a mock-up chassis with cab and bed, so I can make sure it all jives. I have a big project to complete for a show in sept, so that is my top priority. This should be ready within the next month. Ill keep you updated.

• 4 weeks later...