Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hemi Under Glass model MPC 1/25. Any good?

Guest boyfiat

Jeez, I didn't see all the previous responses to your inquiry until after I sent mine sorry, didn't know you sent this in 2014. The info about the MPC reboxing of AMTs Hemi Under Glass and calling it the '69 is info I got from the book on scale model drag cars by one of the guys always seen in Scale Model, before it crashed into Fine Scale Modeler and burned, or Model Cars, Bill something.

7 hours ago, Tom Kavanaugh said:

Jeez, I didn't see all the previous responses to your inquiry until after I sent mine sorry, didn't know you sent this in 2014. The info about the MPC reboxing of AMTs Hemi Under Glass and calling it the '69 is info I got from the book on scale model drag cars by one of the guys always seen in Scale Model, before it crashed into Fine Scale Modeler and burned, or Model Cars, Bill something.

That guy was me, and yes, you recalled it correctly re the faux re-boxing during the Racing Champions/Learning Curve era of the '66 AMT kit as the MPC 1969.   I believe I also noted (without looking it up again) that the AMT 'cuda kit was actually a dead-nuts replica of the Tom McEwen 1965 'cuda match race car (other than the switch to the '66 body), not the real Hemi Under Glass.      

Best....TIM 

• Like 1