Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Double-Take Replicas

Got some new goodies today! Need some tweaking still, but the basis for the master is coming along. This is made to fit directly onto the Revell snap kit chassis (except the front of the frame needs to be stretched for the longer hood). The interior also fits this new cab. The new dash needs to be tweaked, as it doesn't fit the Revell tub as well as I want it to. I also have battery boxes, air cleaners, sun visor, and rear cab extenders. I'm hoping I can have this all set early next year.

005_zps3f8f5585.jpg

006_zpsb8bec7bc.jpg

I also posted an image of the Freightliner Century last week. Here is it's brother, the Columbia. Which would people rather see become avalable in the future?

Columbia_zps89686eaf.jpg

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! :lol: Of course, that will be once I have some extra! :lol:

On the Freightshakers, any plans for a Cascadia so I could maybe build my 1:1??

10348881_728961570500509_713086780618105

Dammit boy. ThatKW looks awesome. Are you gonna offer the hood as a conversion?

I personally prefer the columbia more than the century

If all goes as planned, I would consider selling the hood as a conversion. It is made to fit with the curved cowl cab of the AMT T600 as well.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! :lol: Of course, that will be once I have some extra! :lol:

On the Freightshakers, any plans for a Cascadia so I could maybe build my 1:1??

10348881_728961570500509_713086780618105

I actually do have plans for a Cascadia. I have been working on it on and off for the last few weeks. I hope to have a drawing finished up in a month of so.

• 1 month later...

I want to congratulate Marc Berube for being the winner of our first free giveaway! He has won a free complete wheel set from Double Take Replicas. Thanks for the support everyone and stay tuned for more free giveaways!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Clayton! I wanted to update everyone, I have been in the process of remastering all of my rims to make them fit even better with kit tires. My new 24.5" 2-hole rims, 1/24 scale 2-hole rims, 22.5" 2-hole rims, and 22.5" 5-hole rims are in stock now!

006_zpsab80247a.jpg

Edited by KJ790

If you didn't know, ALPS discontinued production of their printers in 2010, and cartridges are supposed to be discontinued in 2015. That is one of the reasons I moved away from the ALPS, not to mention the cost of getting them repaired. thankfully I found something a lot more durable and still prints white.

There is a company making ALPS Cartridges now. Can't remember who. You can Also find ALPS printers under the Okidata name, but again discontinued, though parts are being made.

However I'm interested to know what you found that prints the white?

Liking those BUD wheels

Edited by fantacmet

• 2 weeks later...