Model Cars Magazine Forum

Offroad GM van?: afraid of heights edition

First, I have complete faith that this will look horrible. But it will be quick and different. I acquired this GM van body through ebay for a few bucks. I bought it because it is not a commonly seen vehicle model and it was cheap. It is extremely rough, the body is filled with expansion foam and is a very thin casting so I'm not sure anything serious can be done.

It is going to be an extreme off-road lowrider. Yes, it has 44" tires and will be equipped with every off-road accessory I can think of and fit. But the owner is extremely afraid of heights so it sits 10" off the ground. The fenders will have to be cut almost to the windshield just to tuck the tires under. Depending on how it looks I might add in some lowrider and tuner design ques with some kind of wide body fender flares and body kit for even more ridiculousness. On to the pictures

post-9444-0-18087700-1412577640_thumb.jp

Tires will be between the desert dogs or the much larger swampers. Have to wait until i have the wheel wells cut out, but I am leaning towards the swampers. Because why not.

post-9444-0-96485700-1412577640_thumb.jp

If it cant be overdone then why do it at all

post-9444-0-71384300-1412577640_thumb.jp

The body is cast filled with foam and I don't have the patience to remove it, so chassis detail will be down to axles and skid plates.

Tim