Model Cars Magazine Forum

some guys use medical tape and paint it.

some guys use ribbon from the craft store.

some guys make tuck 'n' roll with flat styrene strips. or "gymp" if you're really old school.

some guys use flocking.

some "Obsessive" guys use wire or round styrene rods to add piping.

decals can be had from Scalemotorsport if you want high tech patterns.

You beast me to it

decals can be had from Scalemotorsport if you want high tech patterns.

You beat me to it!

Search for "upholstery decals" on eBay. One of our club members brought some to our meeting last Sunday and they look pretty awesome.

Scale Motor Sports is the only company, that I know of, producing 1/25th scale upholstery patterns. (I wish there were more) They have maybe a half dozen factory style patterns from different decades as well as several custom patterns such as zebra, giraffe & elephant hide as well as Mexican blanket patterns. I think some one might be able to do a fair business producing some factory correct patterns from the 50s & 60s. There seems to be a pretty good call for them. I'd buy them! Steve

Scale Motor Sports is the only company, that I know of, producing 1/25th scale upholstery patterns. (I wish there were more) They have maybe a half dozen factory style patterns from different decades as well as several custom patterns such as zebra, giraffe & elephant hide as well as Mexican blanket patterns. I think some one might be able to do a fair business producing some factory correct patterns from the 50s & 60s. There seems to be a pretty good call for them. I'd buy them! Steve

They have more patterns than are listed on their website- the guy who brought them to our meeting had a bunch of different ones including some '60s-looking embossed vinyl patterns.

They have more patterns than are listed on their website- the guy who brought them to our meeting had a bunch of different ones including some '60s-looking embossed vinyl patterns.

So, if they don't list them on their website, how do you get them? There are 7 "factory" patterns on the website. Sure would be nice if there were more.....that we could see. Steve

So, if they don't list them on their website, how do you get them? There are 7 "factory" patterns on the website. Sure would be nice if there were more.....that we could see. Steve

I hear you there, I've noticed many hobbyist-oriented websites don't seem to get updated in a timely manner. I'll see if I can get some more info from the member.