Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have a Question

Happy New Year everybody!

I need a little help with finding a new airbrush.

First off I have a siphon type that was OK for enamel paint. I have just started to use acrylic paint and I really don't like the results I am getting.

I would like to upgrade my airbrush to gravity feed and I need some help here.

Because I don't live very close to a hobby shop I will be shopping on Amazon.ca

Would you be so kind as to help me select a decent Airbrush off Amazon.ca

I am on a very limited budget.

Thanks everybody!

This http://www.amazon.com/Paasche-TG-3F-Double-Gravity-Airbrush/dp/B002N0QA9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420129927&sr=8-1&keywords=paasche+talon is one of the best buys in airbrushes. This set has 3 different tips and needles, a .25mm, a .38mm and a .66mm. The big cup is really nice. They now also have a .2mm tip and needle sold separately. If you want it in a really nice wwoden box check this link http://www.amazon.com/Paasche-Airbrush-Talon-Gravity-Deluxe/dp/B00JUPUIR6/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1420130260&sr=8-6&keywords=paasche+talon

Edited by 935k3

Happy New Year Lawrence. I just went to Amazon.ca and used the search "airbrush gravity feed". Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_16?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=airbrush%20gravity%20feed&sprefix=airbrush+gravity%2Caps%2C465

Lots of results. You indicated you were on a budget. Temptation would be to go with the lowest price option. Although cheaper airbrushes might outwardly look the same, machining and tolerances are quite different, yielding drastically different performance, results and longevity. I would forgo the purchase of a few kits and invest in a good brush (Badger, Paasche, Iwata). Some may boast about what a cheap deal they scored, but ultimately you get what you pay for. Quality is not cheap, nor should it be. Surprisingly I did see a link on eBay that clearly shows that Tamiya has teamed up with Sparmax for a gravity feed gun. Tamiya is a name linked to quality. Also, Sparmax I believe is the company that private brands Iwata compressors. I know, more food for thought to add to your decision making, LOL. Good luck with your search. Personally I started way back with a Tamiya SprayWork System (trigger style). I now have Iwata, Paasche, and Sparmax airbrushes.

P.S. I still have my good old Tamiya SprayWork System. Up until recently, I still used it in my classroom when I did my year-end model building sessions with my Grade 5 classes.

Edited by Bill Eh?

If you are curious at all take a look at the above links.Check out the prices Amazon Canada and Amazon USA.

You people in the USA are getting a much better deal. So much for free trade!

Now my next Question.

Anybody want to adopt me. :D