Model Cars Magazine Forum

cracked & split fingers

Sixx

i work outside all year long. winters are the worse for dry cracking hands and feet. i get terrible cracks on my heels. i have used every product on the market and found that plain old vaseline rubbed into my hands and feet works best. I sliced my hand open this past summer with a box knife. the E.R. doc asked if i wanted stitches or super glue....never knew i had a choice. opted for the glue. as expected it burned like a son of a gun but no needles ,i hate needles ..left almost no scare.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying super glue next time I have a pesky cut on my fingers. I thought the stuff was a no-no when contact with blood is involved.

I acquired a fabulous paper cut (e.g. , slid my left index finger across a fold-over edge of a box with a brake line in it) yesterday , and , of course , it stung like mad (especially after washing my hands with pumice hand cleaner !) .

There was some of the typical bleeding, but that curtailled after I irrigated the cut . I squeezed a dab of Zap-Z cyanoacrylate on the cut ; the wound responded with a burning sendation for a minute ; cut is completely healed-over today :)

Edited by 1972coronet