Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mack Dm600 Tri-axle Mixer

Here's my latest WIP, hope to have done for the local car show mid-February. Used an original Ertl DM600 kit with parts missing from e-bay, DM800 fram rails and mixer body from the Paystar mixer kit. Of course, a lot of adapting needed to be done to get the DM600 frame parts into the correct place on the long-nosed DM800 rails

Rough mock-up

mackmixer01.jpg

Interior tub

mackmixer007.jpg

relocated water tank, and direct drive drum support with plumbing

mackmixer008.jpg

Well, we have made some progress! Cab is in place, Raditor is mounted and everything hooked up. Luckily, all mounting points that were adapted between DM600 & DM800 frame rails lined up perfectly. Lower rad hose was missing from kit, so one had to be fabbed from scrap parts. A driveshaft was also added from the crank pulley to the hydraulic pump, and it actually clears under the radiator. DM800 frame horns were torched out, and new hood hinge/gusset plates will be installed (driver's side visible in photo)

mackmixer009.jpg

Another Progress shot. just bumper checkerplate panel and chicken sticks, mudflaps, and a few other little details left. As you can see, I've already started to tackle decal creation/placement

mackmixer015.jpg

great job on the mixer... would love the the parts on e.bay...but forty bucks on the rims and tires outragous... i'll buy a kit !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...