Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking good! Gonna be starting the installation of brake rigging tomorrow. I dug out some Grandt Line HO Scale freight car "queen posts" (the posts used under wooden-framed RR cars a century and more ago, to support the underbody truss rods). Those have ends on them that comes as close as anything to looking at least somewhat like brake actuating arms (even though they are clevised on the post, not on the brake rod ends--but as small as they are, the "effect" will still be there/

Art

Looking good! Gonna be starting the installation of brake rigging tomorrow. I dug out some Grandt Line HO Scale freight car "queen posts" (the posts used under wooden-framed RR cars a century and more ago, to support the underbody truss rods). Those have ends on them that comes as close as anything to looking at least somewhat like brake actuating arms (even though they are clevised on the post, not on the brake rod ends--but as small as they are, the "effect" will still be there.

I recall from my reading some years ago that early Model T engines were not painted at the factory, but were left in raw cast iron? Can you confirm this?

Art

Oops. Looking at that photo I see I left the gas on yesterday. Note the little lever is in the vertical position. It should be horizontal (paralel with the ground) for the gas to be off. I will end with some rear axle and brake details. You are looking from the driver's side to the rear of the car. The little hanger you see on the radius rod holds the parking brake actuators in position. You will also note the detail on the axle. To me this is fun stuff to look at.

post-9877-0-96226500-1421720625_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...