Model Cars Magazine Forum

I think I might be up a creek (do they still make this spray paint?)

I started spraying my Lambo last night in Colors By Boyd "True Blue Pearl" and now I'm out with half a car painted. I've been searching the interwebs and have been getting mixed answers. I've seen some places that say they have it, some places that are out of stock, and some places that say it's been discontinued. Does anyone know for sure if they still make this color?

It's been discontinued for some time now Kristopher. It wasn't too long after his death if I recall correctly. I should have some leftovers of that color around here or maybe even a half can. I'll check and let you know something. You would probably have to decant whatever I would happen to have as they are fairly old.

Testors makes that color in their rc paint line. Not sure if that helps. Also check ebay for a guy selling a lot of boyds colors. They are all spray cans, you'll have to contact him though because he's trying to sell as a "lot" amount. But maybe he would split with a can of true blue. Check it out.

Thanks for all the suggestions, the guy at the hobby store gave me a good suggestion to the closest pain that they had. It's a little darker but I think it will work. The Cord was painted in the Boyd True Blue Pearl, and the Lambo is painted with the Model Masters Blue Pearl

16216538387_5aea689d84_s.jpgIMG_20150130_071158549 by krhdreammachines, on Flickr

Could you not find the rc line color or is it not the same as I thought? Hey looks like your a man after my own heart, love all the old metal cassettes. You don't see too many people with some Manowar or Kix. I have about 100 or more of those old metal tapes. Trying to find all of them on cd, that's been fun. I also have a mustang 2 thats painted in the blue pearl, it's close but not perfect. good luck hope it works out ok.

Cool, back in the day I had 4 or 5 peach crates full of vinyl, all "metal". But somewhere after college and moving back home all I got back home was about 40 or so. Sucks. I'd love to have all those back. I bet that search is a long and hard one. Money might be an obstacle also. I bet some draw a pretty penny. Good luck with your searching.