Model Cars Magazine Forum

Enderle Barndoor Question

Bonekrosha

I have a 1/16th Mark Johnson BBC on the way that I ordered with the Enderle Barndoor Injectors.

I can't find a decent pic of one of these to show me a geed reference for when I do the lines and linkage.

Can anybody help me out?

I couldn't find much with the search function

Does this help? Throttle linkage usually hooks to a bellcrank that's on the back-end of the shaft that runs down the middle of the injector body. This end (the brass bellcrank) would have linkage connecting it to the metering valve below it. Big fitting on the metering valve / distribution block connects to the fuel pump output.

IMG_2273.jpg

DSC_0390.jpg

1edabb4babcb92b494b2104a4a450719.jpg

This one's a little different, but same basic idea. Just has a boss for the metering valve cast into the injector body, and only two nozzles on this side.

enderle%20barndoor_zpszugi3uyc.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I already hunted Bing and Google trying to find the right pic I needed and had some luck but that last pic I hadn't seen.

I found a few pretty decent pics in one of my nostalgia drag magazines.

What was throwing me was linkage on the front and back of some of the engines I saw.

I assume the foot throttle engages the throttle body itself, the linkage at the cam driven fuel pump, what activates it?

What was throwing me was linkage on the front and back of some of the engines I saw.

I assume the foot throttle engages the throttle body itself, the linkage at the cam driven fuel pump, what activates it?

I don't really understand your question.

The foot-throttle linkage is typically connected to a bellcrank at the rear of the injector body. The bellcrank is connected to a shaft that runs through the body and provides support and a pivot for the throttle plates, and comes out in front where linkage hooks it to the metering valve, which varies fuel delivery as the throttles are opened.

The "cam driven fuel pump" typically runs all the time the engine is running. Nothing other than engine revolutions "activates" it. They usually look more or less like this.

img_6102.jpg

This is a different mechanical FI setup, but the function is basically the same. The mechanically-driven pump is visible at the front of the engine. One line is pressure to the injector metering or barrel valve, one is return that will have a bleed line on the other side of the pump, and that will go back to the tank. It is not shown. The supply line FROM the tank is not shown either.

On this setup, the throttle linkage would connect to the bellcrank on the side of the scoop, which also operates the butterflies (throttle plates) and the metering valve. Layout different, function same.

Engine.gif

These are more-or-less kinda-sorta typical of all of them, assuming you want to include all the lines and plumbing.

HilbornSchematic.jpg

E-Diag-BlwnGasTRbig.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

I'm looking for a pic on the net right now of what I am trying to explain.

There is a picture of the engine of Jim Miles' Magic Muffler Fiat in the Winter 2015 Elapsed Times magazine page 35 that

shows a cable attached to a bellcrank at the rear of the injector housing that looks as if it would be activated by the gas pedal.

The pic also shows another cable attached to a bellcrank on a fitting on the driver's side of the cam driven fuel pump that goes back up the side of the engine towards the rear of the car.

I'm hunting,,,,,,

The pic also shows another cable attached to a bellcrank on a fitting on the driver's side of the cam driven fuel pump that goes back up the side of the engine towards the rear of the car.

I'd assume it goes from the lever on the "3-way shutoff " shown on the Enderle schematic (plumbed directly to the mechanical pump) to a pull-handle for fuel-shutoff in the cockpit.