Model Cars Magazine Forum

'71 Cuda finished! 11-16-13

Dragfreak

Got the hood and rear valance painted and cleared and I changed my mind on how I was going to paint the chassis so ill spray some red oxide down the center a little bit later and then mask and paint the sub frame black after that.

103_0290_zps7affab34.jpg

103_0289_zps313a196c.jpg

103_0293_zps1ef2404a.jpg

comments/criticism welcomed

You are quite talented young man, you have done an outstanding job, that Cuda looks SUPERB!! :D

Thank you Larry I appreciate it a lot!!

I really like the paint color, and overall look of this car.

Thanks Tom!

Edited by Dragfreak

heres the chassis all I need to do is get the rear end in and add some shocks. I just realized I need to touch up the front sub-frame and shorten one of the headers. also to add some realism I went out to my dads vega and rubbed some of the rubber off the underside of the chassis and put it in a container.then I used some white glue to glue the rubber on.I tried to get the smallest grains as possible but Its still a little big for scale.

103_0336_zps7dd62f84.jpg

103_0335_zps4febb10e.jpg

103_0333_zps17509cce.jpg

comments and criticism appreciated.

Edited by Dragfreak

I really like how the Cuda looks! Great work with the paint and everything. That color looks spot on too, I've always thought that Cuda needs to be either this color or green.

The burnt rubber looks really good. If you want little smaller bits for the next one, here's the way I make them for my builds. ;)

I took one spare tire from my parts box. (The one I'd never use). I installed the tire to the Motor Tool, there are many different ways to do this. One way is to drill a hole in spare wheel and install the wheel and tire combination to that motor tool with a screw. The way that I used for this, was to find some kind of round sanding tool what fits to Dremel and inside the tire. Then I just did a "Burnout" with that Dremel + Tire combination on piece of sheet metal, saved the burnt rubber and glued it to Dart with some clear by Revell.

I hope you understand, don't know all of the words in English...

P9080380.jpg

I also collected a lot of those rubber bits from dad's '74 Chevelle, but they were a bit too big for the body. I think they can be used on the chassis, though. Also thanks for the kind words regarding my Hemi Dart.

A little inspiration too, if you don't mind...A Finnish '71 Cuda Street Car:

P9043959.JPG?img=img900

not much of an update to show but its better than nothing. I cant afford to buy detail master metal fittings so I found some plastistruct hex rod and some real small evergreen rod. I drilled out the hex rod and put it together. I have no idea how im gonna scratch a fuel regulator but ill come up with something.

103_0349_zps18b99a1c.jpg

103_0344_zps6210102d.jpg