Model Cars Magazine Forum

knight rider KITT!!!!! get them while there fresh!!!!

There's a company in Florida that sells parts for making Knight Rider replica's. There are also several stages of replicas one can make.

Anything from basic outside appearance, to interior mock-up's, to full-functioning dashboards and some even have speach-recognition and voice-synthesizers so you could nearly "talk" to your car.

I've always dreamed of doing KARR. He's my number one favorite villain. Prefer KARR from season three however, KARR from first season was too much like a child and had a simple computer voice. KARR in season three was really bitch'n and his voice was much meaner sounding!

I've also always imagined KITT's dashboard being made entirely out of carbon-fiber. Now how sweet would that look? :rolleyes: That's how mine would've been like if I ever owned one.

Edited by FujimiLover

Thanks for posting those Brandon!

I actually got up front and personal with K.I.T.T. back during the winter of 1982-83 when it was at our local auto show. I had taken a BUNCH of pics (polaroid) but they've been lost over the years. :rolleyes:

This is the first I've seen of his engine.............and it still looks good after nearly thirty years! :P

Edited by MrObsessive

There's a company in Florida that sells parts for making Knight Rider replica's. There are also several stages of replicas one can make.

Anything from basic outside appearance, to interior mock-up's, to full-functioning dashboards and some even have speach-recognition and voice-synthesizers so you could nearly "talk" to your car.

I've always dreamed of doing KARR. He's my number one favorite villain. Prefer KARR from season three however, KARR from first season was too much like a child and had a simple computer voice. KARR in season three was really bitch'n and his voice was much meaner sounding!

I've also always imagined KITT's dashboard being made entirely out of carbon-fiber. Now how sweet would that look? ;) That's how mine would've been like if I ever owned one.

yeah i know, but they went bust, so thats a dead end. and i know about the different stages, but if i had the money, i would want the full-thing, you know!

Thanks for posting those Brandon!

I actually got up front and personal with K.I.T.T. back during the winter of 1982-83 when it was at our local auto show. I had taken a BUNCH of pics (polaroid) but they've been lost over the years. :D

This is the first I've seen of his engine.............and it still looks good after nearly thirty years! :D

no prob, bill! and cool! i saw one driving down the road here on the island, but thats was it, lol!

I think that is somebody else's reproduction of KITT and not the original one. I remember living in Reno Nevada growing up in the 80's. There were a lot of car shows back then and I did see the original KITT there. That car show had a lot of cool rides.

yeah its a replica, but its one of the closest replicas i have ever seen! and yeah, i know about the movie car show, one time when i was in ohio, there was a movie cars show up there in columbus, and they had all the cars from the first "the fast and the furious" and i loved them, lol!

yeah its a replica, but its one of the closest replicas i have ever seen! and yeah, i know about the movie car show, one time when i was in ohio, there was a movie cars show up there in columbus, and they had all the cars from the first "the fast and the furious" and i loved them, lol!

There's a guy who lives about ten miles from me who's got a Knight 2000 clone, and you'll see it out and about every so often in the summer time. As far as I can see, it's as faithful a representation of the actual (?) car as I've seen. Bastard won't sell it to me, though! B) But it's cool. MY KITT replica's gonna have fully-functional Super Persuit Mode. THEN we'll see who's got the baddest Knight 2000 replica in the land! Now, if only I can figure out how to make the 'Turbo Boost' feature work...

The closest I've ever got to owning one or riding in one was when I was a kid and had the fully functional Knight Rider BIG WHEEL!!! I was the man!!! All the girls wanted to touch my tassles! :lol: LMAO!!! The front even had a light bar that lit up and made that famous swoosh swoosh sound at the push of a button! ;) I wish I still had it. I'd ride it if I did! BIG PIMPIN'!! LMAO!! I ramped that thing until it fell apart under my ass and had to get all bandaged up by Mom. :D I was upset for weeks over the destruction of that thing! I believe that was the only thing I owned at that age that I didn't have the urge to destroy or try to blow up. :P:lol::rolleyes:

Edited by abedooley

Lets not forget about the other great car tv show........... DUKES OF HAZARD!! I painted my huffy to look like the General Lee when I was a kid. Had a Rebel license plate and my Dad painted the 01 on it for me. It was the cat's ass!!

Abe I'm sorry to do this but you miss spelled "Hazzard" and I love it too go figure, Me and my Dad have painted everything I own Like the GL

BTW:This is/was for sale about 5 minutes from me, Just next town over.

Edited by Dukefan69'

The closest I've ever got to owning one or riding in one was when I was a kid and had the fully functional Knight Rider BIG WHEEL!!! I was the man!!! All the girls wanted to touch my tassles! :lol: LMAO!!! The front even had a light bar that lit up and made that famous swoosh swoosh sound at the push of a button! :wub: I wish I still had it. I'd ride it if I did! BIG PIMPIN'!! LMAO!! I ramped that thing until it fell apart under my ass and had to get all bandaged up by Mom. :huh: I was upset for weeks over the destruction of that thing! I believe that was the only thing I owned at that age that I didn't have the urge to destroy or try to blow up. :P:lol:B)

hahaha, cool story, thanks for sharing! well i found my pedal go-kart i used to have

G2SMa4bc2704-b395-4322-a7d4-e604216.jpg

its a kettler "kettcar" kabrio and its made in germany, lol! this was one of the best toys i have had!

Abe I'm sorry to do this but you miss spelled "Hazzard" and I love it too go figure, Me and my Dad have painted everything I own Like the GL

BTW:This is/was for sale about 5 minutes from me, Just next town over.

I feel so ashamed. I can't believe I left out a Z in Hazzard!?!? Please forgive me Dukes????

NOW, heres a few pics of a Knight Rider big wheel!!! ###### I miss them days!!!! I tore up soooo much s*^@!!! When a toy got broke at my house it went in the "HOLE"!! It was a hole that me, my little brother, and 2 of the other neighbor kids all dug between my parents garage and the privacy fence, and that is where all the broken toys went so our Dads wouldn't beat the livin' day lights out of us!! LOL!! I have been wanting to dig that hole up for years. My Mom still lives there. If I ever do I'll take some pics. There is a half burnt Millenium Falcon in there along with hundreds of burnt and blown up GI Joes. LMAO!!!! Anyway heres a few pics.

These are pics I found online. I'd have to go to my Mom's to find the pics of me.

nightrider.jpg

krbigwheel.jpg

AHA!! I had the Smurf big wheel as well. LMAO!!!

Smurfmobile.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've also always imagined KITT's dashboard being made entirely out of carbon-fiber. Now how sweet would that look? B) That's how mine would've been like if I ever owned one.

Peter Cullen did KARR's voice. If you don't know who he is, watch the Transformers G1 cartoon or the live action movies, he is Optimus Prime.