Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big foot truck question

I have a question, i have a Amt bigfoot 4x4x4, iam going to make a regular 4x4 out of it some day since it comes with the suspention, but i have a project in mind for another one so been collecting all the stuff for over a year for it, i been looking for another cab interier, and glass, i put an add on here long ago looking for one never could find one so i put an add on facebook site, well a guy has one but, his has a frontend that flips, iam going to pick it up i can use it for my regular 4x4 and use the other cab for my project. My question is why is his flip frontend and mine not, how many different models bigfoot did they make, oh yeh its the 78/79 body style.

The 78/79 Original Bigfoot kit doesn't have a flip hood even though the real truck does. This kit shared a lot of part with the red Destroyer truck. The next Bigfoot is an 87-91 body style truck with a flip hood. This kit most closely replicates a later rebody of Bigfoot III which started with an 80-86 body. The most incorrect area is the engine, Bigfoot III ran a 429/460 based engine with Boss 429 heads. The kit uses the FE 390 that was always in the AMT 73-79 trucks with incorrect for the engine 460 valve covers with BIGFOOT on them. The valve covers are correct for a different Bigfoot but would never work on the kit engine. This kit was released with just the Bigfoot lettering and with the new red and yellow stripes. This kit was also modified slightly and reissued as the Destroyer II. The tube chassis Bigfoot and Snakebite kits are closest to Bigfoot 10 even though the early Snakebite boxes show a front engined truck that was a much modified Bigfoot IV. If you want a flip hood you can always make one, it's not too bad.

The body iam buying is a 78/79 body off facebook site and it has a flip frontend, the one i have here does not have one and there both bigfoots thats why iam confused. When i get the other one i will post pictures of it side by side