i back to built models lately
and now i try my hand in some custom and diferrent paint
so i need help
i want to paint my WS as this truck
can you tell me how to do it correct
remember this my first time ever paint so try to be easy with me
thank's

post-8857-0-86156800-1414759894_thumb.jp

Welcome to the forum. That's an ambitious project for a first-time paint job. I would tend to think you'd need to make custom masks, from frisket material or some other masking material first. You should probably practice drawing exactly what you want, to fit the model exactly, first. Then practice cutting and applying your masks on scrap plastic or plastic sheets before you try to paint your model.

There are some guys on here who do very nice custom flame jobs, and I'm sure someone will jump in to help you more.

The easiest way to do it, but not the most inexpensive, is to get the mask done for you. Basically you want to first paint the bottom of the truck the darker color, then mask off what would stay dark and then spray the lighter part.

So you go to a place where they make vinyl stickers and lettering. Some malls have little carts that do things like that. Get the kid that works there to make the mask for you from vinyl. You need to make a template of the entire surface from masking tape first and then give the person at the sticker shop the template and a picture of the design. It will probably cost you about $20, but worth every penny. Basically you want a sticker of the flames, but when they clean up the sticker before applying the transfer sheet, the actually remove the flames and leave the surrounding material.

Edited by mrm

Michael, you basically have it right, but always paint the darker color last, unless you are doing fine detail work like airbrushed dragons or murals. By putting the dark color down first your lighter color will darken and take on the hue of the base/darker color.

If I did that paint job, I would lay tape on the model, mark the doors and other land marks on the tape, peel the tape and lay it on a glass surface, draw the flames on the tape, taking consideration to the shape of the model as you would not want the flame tips ending in the wrong spot. On the model with the base (lighter color) already done, carefully place your mask making sure the tape seals well against the model. I typically shoot a bit of base color at this point to "seal the tape edge" so the top coat has less of a chance of bleeding under the tape, but that is not necessary if the tape is good. Now shoot the top color (the darker) in fine mist coats to prevent bleed under, once you have a few coats, give it a good "wet" coat and let it dry to touch, but not cure. Peel the mask as soon as possible or you stand a chance of pulling the top coat off with the tape.