Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sean, are you sure you don't mean the 378? Italeri has that and a 377 A/E, and both kits have a Detroit Series 60.

As for finding it, assuming you did mean the Italeri 378, does the Bridgeport Equipment and Tool (B.E.T.) Rental down by Krogers sell models? The owner of that has T&K Hobby up here in Bridgeport, and they carry Italeri trucks, and I'm almost sure there might even be one of the 378 kits up here.

I used the 377 A/E.

Sean, are you sure you don't mean the 378? Italeri has that and a 377 A/E, and both kits have a Detroit Series 60.

As for finding it, assuming you did mean the Italeri 378, does the Bridgeport Equipment and Tool (B.E.T.) Rental down by Krogers sell models? The owner of that has T&K Hobby up here in Bridgeport, and they carry Italeri trucks, and I'm almost sure there might even be one of the 378 kits up here.

i should have clarified it more but i did mean "387 delegant trans kit!" and i know that person as well thats where i get most of my modeling stuff other than the internet!~

by the way can you get me pics of the place inside and out ive always wanted to get up there but cant right now due to general life is getting in the way at the moment!?

PLEASE???

I like it very much!!!

Did you used the PETERBILT 377 frame? I think that the rear end of the side skirts is too close to the drive axles. Will you strech this frame a little bit or you gonna use another frame?

Kostas.

PS I can see another resin kit in that box under your bench, is that also from de-elegant? Can you post photos?

Edited by Kostas

I like it very much!!!

Did you used the PETERBILT 377 frame? I think that the rear end of the side skirts is too close to the drive axles. Will you strech this frame a little bit or you gonna use another frame?

Kostas.

PS I can see another resin kit in that box under your bench, is that also from de-elegant? Can you post photos?

Go to the KW T-2000 .pdf and it gives the nominal dimensions for the truck. This is built at the low end.

The truck below is this one:

4925958570_c2603e79f5_b.jpg

The truck below is this one:

4925958570_c2603e79f5_b.jpg

Ok, you got my attention!! I noticed the Can Do bed in one of the previous pics, but I love that setup. What cab is that supposed to be?

Ok, you got my attention!! I noticed the Can Do bed in one of the previous pics, but I love that setup. What cab is that supposed to be?

Looks like the Australian Kenworth K104 Cab from Auslowe.

I have one and its a nice conversion.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Doug,

You re right, I was wondering the same thing.

It would be great to see this girl finished hauling a 53ft reefer.

Mark, any update on this girl???

Kostas.

You would think there would be more of the De elagant trucks would show up here ,but there very few! Sure would like to see more of them,and what they done to them.