Model Cars Magazine Forum

• 3 weeks later...

I remember reading a few years back about someone building one of these in blue,but it also had a 302 crossram intake on it.

For Mopar it WASN'T a 302. THEY at Mopar any one of them, NEVER made a 302, Chevy did for the '69 model year as well as the "5.0" Ford that we all know.....The cross ram, for a Mopar was either a factory BIG BLOCK cross ram, for the 383 to 440....OR it was an aftermarket Mopar Small Block cross ram!

The 426 WEDGE (NOT to be confused with the Hemi) was the last big block to get the Mopar Cross Ram of this sort. As it was known as the High RPM Cross Ram intake as they had another one that was known as the Sonaramic Cross Ram which is a whole other beast.....Mopar 413 was the first V-8 to get the Cross Ram which was the start of the Mopar known "Max-Wedge" series of engines....Consisting of only the 413, and the 426....The 383 just a year before was setting the stage for the 400 which was the precursor to the 413 fame! This all was prior to 1963....As in 1964, it all didn't matter when the 426 Hemi was born, 50 years ago, this year!

As far as the car I LOVE the looks of the '70.....NICELY DONE whoever did the work!

Edited by 426-Hemi

I just found out there's a Phantom `70 Dart convertible out here on Long Island. B5 blue w/ black tail stripe and top/interior. Haven't seen it, but a group of people were talking about it at a cruise night recently.

If a clean `67-9 Dart 'vert fell in my lap it would be hard NOT to do one. I can't believe how much I like it….. :wub: