Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher Alfa Romeo Touring

Twokidsnosleep

Hi.

For me ist to late. Now im a collector who like to build. But im not a collector who likes to make mony with it! My heart is with evry kit i have. will build my modells by my self if the time is right! I like it if i go to my storage and i can see what i have. Not "This car i must build, then i have no another one in my storage". You now what i mean?

Your Spider is realy nice! Thumbs up for it! My Ferraris are ever Italien red. I dont know why, maybe i think a Ferrari MUST be red by my own. This is the only Color for a classic italian sports car for me.

Hey guys. I only can Response: Sorry for my poor english. I hope if im here some times i can learn and have some practise. For my builds AND for my english.....

Alex from ass cold Bavaria

Agree with both of you. I am collecting what I like so that I may build it when I want. I expect the Pochers to be harder to find in kit form in the future, but probably old beat up ones will resurface as collectors die and their relatives sell them. Then I can do re-builds

But only red for Ferraris ,nah

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Oh yes, you absolutly right. Alfas make a mean ruin. In real and in 1:8..... But it is nice to drive and build.

Okay, the blue F40 is okay , only a Little bit to......blue. :P

A car can't too be blue enough. :P

You two guys from Germany are a blast to have around!

Cool to have two more large scale auto and Pocher nuts on this forum

Keep posting away gentlemen :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Cato, in a word Nothing

I am currently 4,351 km's away from my Pochers and all my other kits

Both are stored safely under my modelling desk awaiting their turns

I have two Pocher Ferraris, both partially built, coming from E Bay when I get back

So, in a nutshell, nothing going on for any Pocher at the moment, I am in acquisition mode

We have a house demolish and re-build looming, so I don't want to break out any huge build that might get lost when we move to temporary digs. In fact, I think I will store my model stash at my office for safekeeping

But when I get my workshop and modelling room done, then it is Pocher time!

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Oh man, I have 6 kits coming from e bay that I bought ; four Bugattis in smaller scales and the two Pocher Ferraris. And am winning bids on two more Ferrari kits

I think I need to stop surfing e bay, like immediately!

Cato, it is easier to collect them than make them

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Taking vacations, renovating your house, surfing ebay, buying smaller scales - soon you'll say that sleeping is necessary! You even took the time to have TWO kids!

You've got to get your priorities right Man! :angry:

Ya, I know right, it should all be about me

Cripes sometimes I even have to work if you can believe that

That balance in life is a tortuous thing.....half the time I feel guilty for the modelling time I steal as it is

Nothing gets me more than when my puppy dog gets up from her sleepy spot, saddles over to my chair and lays her head on my leg for attention. That is how I know I need to stop the modelling and do other stuff.

Kids do same thing, asking for homework help or showing me artwork they are doing.....then I stop modelling and give them some time.

Those Pocher kits deserve space, time, skill and attention..... so they wait a bit longer

Well not to get serious on you but you're right; spending time close to your important ones is something we all need. I am deeply involved with catching-up on care and love after a 40 year career and a 27 year 1:1 Cobra passion project.

Cato, I have been splashing some photos of a F40 I am making in this fujimi enthusiasts community build...it is a nice and slow, no timeline kind of WIP thread

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=95480&page=6

That is my current project, along with a little Bugatti 1/43 that I bought built, axemurdered and decided to restore on the sly

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99072&hl=

Just in case you needed some reading to put you to sleep :)

Hope all is going well for you two.

I appreciate the chat and Pocher motivation; love to see you getting some time to work on your RR

Scott

Yes by all means, please post away some pics of Pocher Alfas

I would like to see some Spiders of different color than the box top to give ideas

Mine will not be coming along for a while...that being the point of what I was saying the last few pages when asked what was happening I am more in acquisition mode at the moment it seems.....thinking about buying a Bluenose II sailing ship

Yes by all means, please post away some pics of Pocher Alfas

I would like to see some Spiders of different color than the box top to give ideas

Mine will not be coming along for a while...that being the point of what I was saying the last few pages when asked what was happening I am more in acquisition mode at the moment it seems.....thinking about buying a Bluenose II sailing ship

Check out the Alfa gallery at modelmotorcars.com

If you didn't know, they have extensive galleries for all the vintage Pocher cars.

http://www.modelmotorcars.com/museum.html

Edited by sjordan2