Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Dump Truck Project

Based on the quality of the work, I must have built this truck when I was much younger. Pinted with a brush, no seams or mold lines sanded...well you get the picture. Rediscovered it recently and want to use it as a basis for a single axle dump truck. The other projects are stalled while I create and or wait for parts so I am getting started on this.

StreetDepartmenttrucks014.jpg

Here is where I want to end up, although a much older version with a green paint finish that they used when they actually used this model year.

IH7300front02-10-12.jpg

Mostly dissassembled and in the stripper or freezer.

Thanks for the comments.

I have a couple of the short hauler kits too. Don't want to sacrifice them for just the rear suspension. Got a couple more projects in mind for the dump trucks. This one will be an older model and I have a few ideas for a kodiak and IH with the newer paint schemes. I think I can get the rear suspension from aftermarket. I believe AITM has the suspension, plow and dump box for the later projets. I plan to modfy this dump box to match the 1:1