Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 camaro pro mod w.i.p updates 09/20/11

tyrone

thanks for the comments fellas, I got some work done on the front end last night, I added a piece of styrene to the bottom of the front end and cut it so that it hung out farther in the front, then I added a piece of tube styrene to the front bumper and the used putty to fill it all in. I've got it all sanded down, it's not as aggresive as the front end in the pic, but I like it here's a few pics.

008-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

before

027-1.jpg

after

012-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

what's up fellas, I took a little break from this one, but I got back to it today, I got clear on the chassis, front brakes, lines and hoses are done, I also got most of painting for the engine done also, playing around with the front wheels for some new looks (ideas) thanks for looking and comments welcome.

032-2.jpg

031-1.jpg

033-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

009-1.jpg

Edited by tyrone

Hey Tyrone, Everything is coming together awesome (x2). Your car is looking great! I like what you've done to the front rims. The extra bumper work looks great too. Looks like you're headed for the home stretch. Love it!

Thanks for the comments fellas, I started on the plumbing for the enigne, most of the oil lines are done, still need to do the dry sump, and fuel lines. I also started wiring the car and made up most of the electrical components too. Thanks for looking and comments welcome...

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

008-2.jpg

Great job with plumbing and detailing the engine. I like to watch these Pro Mod projects, because PM is one of my favorite Drag Race categories. I like the body and the rollcage. Nice job with it, this build is very interesting, I keep watching this one. :lol:

Thanks for the comments fellas, I've put on most of the electronics and wires, next I'll get the nos bottles painted and mounted, get the rear batteries in and start on the drivers area.. thanks for looking and comments welcome..

019-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

014-1.jpg

Wow Tyrone!! Everything's coming along quite well. What color is the chassis? Is it gunmetal? Looks a little darker than most and not as metallic, gives it a meaner, stealthy look. I like, I like! I don't know why the chassis color caught my eye so much on this viewing, but it did. I may go with a color similar to that on the Chevelle chassis. Good luck on the remainder of your build.

• 3 weeks later...

What's uo fellas thanks for the comments, holms the chassis is painted with detail master metalizer paint the color is titanium, it's airbrush ready and I like using for my chassis, I want to add some carbon fiber decals to my next project, Well I've had some time the past 2 days to make a little progress on this one, I've got the seat and harness done, steering wheel is in, rear batteries and cables are done, and I also got the nos bottles in and the transmission is almost done I also got the starter mounted more updates soon, thanks for looking and comments welcome.

006-1.jpg

008-3.jpg

010-4.jpg

012-3.jpg

013-3.jpg

015-2.jpg

020-1.jpg