Model Cars Magazine Forum

JOEY SALDANA BUDWEISER WoO SPRINT CAR

chris coller

set1516.jpg

set1520.jpg

set1517.jpg

set1515.jpg

Alright now that I have the more than one photo post thing squared away. Here are some pics of my favorite sprint car drivers 08 Sprint car and a list of pieces and parts I used.

Updated the chassis with styrene rod

Photo etch sprint car detail set from MAS also MAS nitrious solenoids for the temp and oil gauges

RB Motion rod ends for radius rods and shocks all held together with bolts from RB Motion

Headers, wheels and tires from the Parts Box

Body panels scratch built from sheet styrene with a nascar style racing seat that will have a racing harness put into it

Scratch built oil tank from K&S tubing and sheet metal with detail master straps

Braided line from Pro Tech, fittings from Detail Master with crimp beads for the lock collars

Now the only thing that sucks is everything is matte black so it is hard to pick out detail. Hopefully the folks that attend the NNL EAST will get to see the finished project. That is my goal as I have a few other projects to get done some will be posted on here. Thanks for viewing!

Edited by chris coller

a problem many of us encounter, hence why many started projects, or projects printed as is not as we mentally thought

i used to work a side job just for my models, and my ex was annoyed that i focused there, vs a bar regularly.... my theory was i had something to show for it when done, instead of unpaid bills or headaches physically or otherwise

nice build, wish i had similar skills

bill

Yeah most of it. I did use most of the original chassis jaust added on the down tubes and front bracing. As you see it is WIP with some distance to go but being laid off helps a bit with time. Now the tricky part ........ahhhh the cash to get what I need to finish the dang thing!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...