Model Cars Magazine Forum

Project for Skip: 1914 Stutz Bearcat

Harry P.

If you haven't followed this all the way through, Harry responded to my request to build the car from one of my favorite movies, "The Wings of Eagles," with John Wayne. He not only nailed it, he built the best Stutz Bearcat model I have ever seen, in any scale, and starting from pretty weak kits like the Aurora curbside and Lindberg racer.

Edited by sjordan2

• 1 year later...

If you haven't followed this all the way through, Harry responded to my request to build the car from one of my favorite movies, "The Wings of Eagles," with John Wayne. He not only nailed it, he built the best Stutz Bearcat model I have ever seen, in any scale, and starting from pretty weak kits like the Aurora curbside and Lindberg racer.

Thank you Skip.

I'll miss the conversations between you and your old friend Harry. 

The respect you always gave Harry enhanced my attention to his work and the appreciation of it ... 

You give me inspiration to get things right ... or at least as much as I can ...

• 1 year later...

I’m not sure what amazes me more, the creativity with which Harry approaches each issue, the technical skill level, the artistry, or that it took him a little over a month start to finish. But I keep going back through it and learning from it