Model Cars Magazine Forum

What was the last model year for Monogram/Revell stock cars to be kitted?

Adhsdad

I'm looking to see what year was the last year model that RM kitted and then what year did the resin casters start from. I'm interested in getting some of the SMH Racing's resin bodies for the Dodge Charger, Chevy Impala and maybe the Toyota Camry that they have on offer. I want to be able to match up the decals correctly to the kit bodies(ex. Denny Hamlin 06' Fed Ex Impala). Was this car available as the kit or would I need a resin body for it? Ep

I am somewhat curious about this also... As far as I know AMT and Revellogram have not done NASCAR kits since the early 2000's, the exception being the Round2/AutoWorld/AMT 2010 Impala, but I believe that was a curbside snapper. I consider the late 1980's through early 1990's to be my favorite period, and thankfully models were churned out by the millions back then and are still readily available, but I'd love to see NASCAR semi-annuals come back. I would imagine licensing cost probably pushes the roi for new tooling every year pretty thin, but I'd still like to see them done!

I'm looking to see what year was the last year model that RM kitted and then what year did the resin casters start from. I'm interested in getting some of the SMH Racing's resin bodies for the Dodge Charger, Chevy Impala and maybe the Toyota Camry that they have on offer. I want to be able to match up the decals correctly to the kit bodies(ex. Denny Hamlin 06' Fed Ex Impala). Was this car available as the kit or would I need a resin body for it? Ep

Revell did do a version for Denny Hamlins FedEx Impala, so yes, it is available as a kit and it was a part of the last batch of NASCAR kits Revell did