Model Cars Magazine Forum

Back into Nitro RC Heli's after many years off.....

Dirt Demon

What..... Nobody here is into RC Heli's?.... Or is it nobody knows anything about them?

Used to sell a lot of them back when I worked in a hobby shop. Loved our RC Manager's description of flying one: "Balance a bowling ball on a bowling ball ... on top of a broomstick! People would buy them (actually ANY RC vehicle) and ask what kind of guarantee we had. We'd tell them that we guarantee that they would crash it and that we would have the parts and expertise to put it back together again. :)

Yeah Dean I had Nitro 50 and 90 class Heli's and did it for about 4 years and one crash, due to a locked tail servo. I flew with two guys at the school field here where I live. those two clowns crashed and destroyed their heli's just about every other weekend. Plain stupidity on their parts. I brought my birds home every weekend in one piece. They brought theirs home in a million pieces! lol! :P They told me if I wasnt crashing....I wasn't flying. Yeah ok...... I wasn't the one going broke repairing helicopters, because of stupidity. :rolleyes: He gave it up before I did because he could'nt afford it any more.