Model Cars Magazine Forum

Okay. I have to ask this question. After looking at your photos, how is that semi pose to turn when you have a set of wheels center of the frame and then back about 30 scale scale feet dual set of wheels? I know it's only a model.. but I am curious as if was a real life vehicle, how would it turn.

Okay. I have to ask this question. After looking at your photos, how is that semi pose to turn when you have a set of wheels center of the frame and then back about 30 scale scale feet dual set of wheels? I know it's only a model.. but I am curious as if was a real life vehicle, how would it turn.

Well the center would have to articulate with the front wheels.

Jim, I am building an extended Mack with a DROM tank and it needed a lift axle. When I got to looking at the internet to see what is out there these days, I found some very cool and very interesting self-steer lifts. They use a tensioner similar to a shock absorber that is connected to the steer rods. Is only tight enough to pull it back to straight/keep out the wobble.

Jim, I am building an extended Mack with a DROM tank and it needed a lift axle. When I got to looking at the internet to see what is out there these days, I found some very cool and very interesting self-steer lifts. They use a tensioner similar to a shock absorber that is connected to the steer rods. Is only tight enough to pull it back to straight/keep out the wobble.

Oh. okay. I'm not too good with these kind of things yet. I have only built like 2 model semis so far in the past. Thanks for shedding light on this stuff and helping me understand this kind of stuff.

It is truly amazing the ideas that can come from ones creative mind..........

On the steering, since the center axle you have already mounted is a driven (powered) rigid axle with a power divider & dual tires, how exactly will it "articulate" with the front axle??? What happens to the power in the drive shaft when the 1st axle in the rear tandem also has a power divider?

Seems to be a slight stretch of a modern engineering marvel........

Ap40

• 2 weeks later...

It is truly amazing the ideas that can come from ones creative mind..........

On the steering, since the center axle you have already mounted is a driven (powered) rigid axle with a power divider & dual tires, how exactly will it "articulate" with the front axle??? What happens to the power in the drive shaft when the 1st axle in the rear tandem also has a power divider?

Seems to be a slight stretch of a modern engineering marvel........

Ap40

The center drive axle is not a locker or a limited slip, at would be able to track as a single wheel wonder.

Thanks Richard

Ive driven over the road for some year(in the office now), I must say this quite an awesome build. I do believe there is an articulating drive axle available. Check out Sourkroiys web page for his truck parts, he has numerous resin axles of all types. Being that yours I'd already set I'm with you on the fact it's a model......so let's all use our imaginations a bit and some "make belive" in our minds and just say the darn thing would turn in real life and enjoy build progress. :-)

Hey man your over at the truckstop forums to!...www.pete389.proboards.com or something like it?... :lol:

Wonder if that place ever did "Officially" shut down or wonder if its still running?...may check it out here later tomorrow sometime if i get some time? -_-

by the looks of the sides,,,the height is a real problem,,,bridges are only 14ft that would be just over the heigth of the cab,,,box is way too tall,,,,,,been working for Navistar Int. for 40 yrs,,,,seen salesmen take stacks off on low bridges,,,,hate too lose the whole roof of that trailer,,,,,,

Hey man your over at the truckstop forums to!...www.pete389.proboards.com or something like it?... :lol:

Wonder if that place ever did "Officially" shut down or wonder if its still running?...may check it out here later tomorrow sometime if i get some time? -_-

No it's still up a running, but slow!