Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jimmy Flintstone's 60 chevy delivery.

I'll post the pictures soon of this resin body eventhough the body is incorrect as a delivery it does build into a decent kit given that you'll have to rework a monogram 60 impala parts to fit correctly. I had to trim the top of the door panels off and trim the chassie side overhangs to get a proper fit. other than that the monogram parts fit well, to correctly do the rear tail light area you'll need three of the tail light's as the Wagon had a strait across tail light Chrome. So to do this correctly you'll need to cut both tail light chrome parts at the drop point's the third Chrome tail light cuts cut in the same mannor . Also the 60 chevy wagon has only four tail lights so the third rings need trimmed out on both tail lights the third Chrome piece will need two rings removed and cut between the the first and second light ring (the ring on the outside) this will make the third piece of chrome rectangle shaped thus making the rear chrome tail light bar strait.

Looking forward to the pictures being available Rick. the 60 is a decent casting of a subject that is unique and seldom seen out there in 1;1. 1960 was the final run for a Chevrolet sedan delivery and the numbers were quite limited. As scarce as those cars always were, there were five of them in this area. One was in Penticton, about a half hours drive from where I am sitting right now. I do not know what ever happened to it but t had passed through a number of owners while I still knew about it and each owner only butchered the poor thing more and it had it's share of rust. Another was one that was totaled in a front end collision and sat in a yard behind a shop east f here. I have the rear door for it here but the car itself was crushed years ago with lots of sedan delivery only parts still on it - some unique to 1960 only. What a travesty. Two were in a wrecking yard in Osoyoos and the owner crushed them both - both were complete less drive trains. The fifth is here on my property and it is complete, less engine and transmission. I'd probably sell it as I doubt I will ever get at it but everyone wants to rod it and I'd want it to go to someone who would restore it and keep it as stock as it still is.. Yes, it matters to me. It's under cover and not deteriorating a whole lot but to see one of these restored to factory stock is a rare site. There is man in Iowa who has a really good one and it is being restored. This guy is a craftsman and his work is mind boggling in the quality and detail. It will be a very, very nice car when he is done.

I'll likely get a resin body again later this year Rick and see what i can do wit it. My work pales compared to some of the guys here but I'll follow your advice here when I do build it. The only thing I would change is the top of the door opening. I'll square it off as the real car is and look at maybe opening the hood and putting a stock six cylinder in it. But I've had the privilege of seeing the photos already and your car looks SO sweet!!! It's a nice and very unique build Rick. Well done!