Model Cars Magazine Forum

New tires from Ma's Resin

First think I thought of when I saw the article in the April '10 Scale Auto on Clay Kemp's dirt track push truck was the tires. With American Satco out of business, the Mickey Thompson tires that Clay Kemp used are almost impossible to find. Well, I happened to have a set in my collection and I contacted Al Raab of Ma's Resin to see if he would be interested in casting them. He was and he did. Here's a pic of the tires I received yesterday.

DSCN0176-vi.jpg

They are some of the nicest castings I've ever seen and I cannot tell them from the originals. The rubber Al uses is nothing like the Micro-Mark TCR-40 tire casting rubber I've used in the past. This stuff is truly like rubber!

Click on the link below to see Ma's Resin Fotki site. These tires aren't posted yet but you can email Al at cnaind@ptd.net for info.

Great job, Al! Ma's Resin Fotki

Edited by Marc @ MPC Motorsports

Man, those are nice! Now what am I going to do with the case of Super Bees I bought the last time they were reissued just for those tires?? B)

These tires are not the same as the ones that come in the AMT Super Bee pro street kit. They are nearly as wide but much shorter. They scale out at 28-29" tall.

Nice tires!

Where's the link?

Sorry Bruno. I edited the original post to include the link. :D

Thanks for the review Marc!(Both of them) Glad to help & glad you liked them.

Also have a new Off-road M/T Baja Claw:

MTBajaClaw1-vi.jpg

MTBajaClaw2-vi.jpg

Same rubber as the others, but hollow.

I like those, too. About what size do they scale out to be?

Tooooo Coooool, Gota Have Some !!!

Hey Marc, what kinda choices would you have in wheels for these tires ???

I personally do not have any wheels available for these M/T tires. However, any 1:25 pro street or deep dish drag wheels should fit, like the Centerlines in the AMT Coronet Pro Street, the deep dish five spokes in the AMT 1969 Dodge Daytona Charger, and countless others.

Allan will you be at the NNL east selling any parts or you still just doing the mail order???

Hey Chris....how's it going? :rolleyes:

I will be at NNL East, but not selling. I'm a member of Tri-State(the host club)& I run the club table every year selling T-Shirts, buttons, giving directions. If you or anyone else needs anything made, I can bring it with me.

I personally do not have any wheels available for these M/T tires. However, any 1:25 pro street or deep dish drag wheels should fit, like the Centerlines in the AMT Coronet Pro Street, the deep dish five spokes in the AMT 1969 Dodge Daytona Charger, and countless others.

Hey Marc, Thanks for the input, I have a ton of the pro street coronets so thats cool. Now all I have to do is to get some on the way from Al. Thanks for posting the tires, they should make it much easier to get the stance down there on the pro street cars.

Edited by Porky