Model Cars Magazine Forum

1-16 Scale 63 Corvette Pro Mod Update: Front Bumper roughed in

MicroNitro - Jim, I would really be interested in casting the body when done but I know nothing about the process. From what I hear the initial purchase of the mold and resin is some what an investment. So I don't think it would be a cheap for me just starting out. I wouldn't mind finding someone that would be willing to do the casting though. Any takers out there in Forum Land? :D

Rom -Thanks buddy I appreciate the complement, means quite a bit coming from someone that is always willing to work outside his comfort zone and stretch his abilities. I truly admire that in a builder.

Pharr726 - Rick- Thanks for stopping in and checking my little project out. I know I don't post as often as most on here, so I hope I am at least getting some worth while pictures posted up for those interested! :)

Gasser59 - Brad - Glad you could take a gander at my project, it is slow going but I think it is slowly taking shape. I had been pounding my head on desk trying to think how I was going to do the A-pillars and get the window's to look right. But I think it turned out Ok for someone's first try at this much body work.

I am right there with you, way to much body work even for my taste! Definitely don't like doing it, but I hope that from all this time and patience will pay off with something that looks darn close.

Posted Today, 02:53 AM

Definitely don't like doing it, but I hope that from all this time and patience will pay off with something that looks darn close.

And Bart, looking at Dave's pic, I reckon you're right on the money mate, no two ways about it. Great work. :) B)

Dave... that Vette is just flat out awesome man!!! I love it

Bart... your body is spot on to that one man. Loving the work on this body, Keep at it Bro because its gonna be killer when done. I would seriously buy one if you had them cast...lol

Ken, Gregg, Derrick Chris and Bryan... Thanks guys for stopping in and making sure I am working on this project. I am pretty happy with the way that it is turning out.. There for a bit it was a little sketchy, because I was beginning to worry.

Dave, Thanks for posting up that Xtreme 10.5 Vette... that thing is bad! I have got to get out to an Outlaw Event or something to get some more reference pics..

I wanted to post up a pic, for Size... here is my Pro Mod Vette, up against a 1/12 Mustang I just bought today. My intentions are to begin playing with it as well and turn it into something like this.

IMG_3693.jpg

IMG_0647-vi-1.jpg

I just have to now go out and buy another mustang so I can get started! Man... what to do with all these extra model parts that will never be used.... what a shame! :D

Bart, you know you want to.....you want to start on this 1/12 Mustang idea straight away, huh ? :)

You better send me the Vette if that's the case. :D

Man, I for one, can not wait to see what you have in store for us with this big baby. B)

Just a small update for everyone, thought I would share before I wrap up the front and move on to the Corvette stinger hood.

IMG_3720.jpg

IMG_3721.jpg

I shot some filler primer to see what pin holes I had in the front and so everyone could see the recessed front valance with the bumperettes (sp) on.

Bart... Holy Smokes bud.... That front end of the Vette is just looking killer man. I really like how it has turned out. I know you are super excited to get to that 1/12 Scale mustang pro mod. Feel Free to send the Vette body my way after you get all of the body work done and I will squirt some paint on it. It will look great on my shelf ;):P:lol: .... But on a serious note if you decided to have this cast. I will be first in line to buy one.