Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell- TV Tommy Ivo "Showboat" Four-Engine Dragster (Completed 12/29)

Nice job, Steve.

And Joe, thanks for exemplifying what's so great about the model building community.

Agreed I can't thank Joe enough for sending me the decals for the car. The Valvoline side panel decals didn't turn out.

We all like pics right? I got the left bank engines mounted in the chassis. Hopefully it wont be too much of an issue stuffing in the right bank engines. I do really like how the car is turning out thus far.

DSC02084.jpg

DSC02085.jpg

yes man great work there and its coming along nice.

hope I am not the bearer of bad news but your middle exhaust stacks don't look right. from all photos I have seen they are supposed to form a straight line of 16 pipes right down the middle and yours looks like maybe you got some of the left/rights installed incorrectly giving them a staggered look down the middle. hope that a) that's on purpose because I don't know what I am talking about or B) they are easily removed and reinstalled.

great work there on a major headache sort of project

jb

Edited by jbwelda

The instructions do stink but I triple checked everything to make sure I was assembling everything correctly. I'm sure I have all the headers mounted correctly.

Yes it was a pain getting all four engines to sit correctly, too much going on! But it does look killer. I'll get a better pic sometime of a direct side shot, the exhaust pipes flow quite well down the center. I am anxious to get this all done :)

DSC02088.jpg

DSC02092.jpg

Edited by Terminator-Fox

well I cannot copy and paste things here anymore (nice business decision I would say, right up there with ridiculing those who complain about their subscription mags arriving all torn up but I digress) (EDIT: ok foot in mouth time: turns out that "compatibility" thing under the "tools" dropdown solved my cut and paste problems so kudos to Casey for cluing me in on it) but I guarantee you that if you do a google search on "tommy ivo showboat photo" you will see they are not correct. don't even bother with that...look at the pic on the box top.

just sayin

jb

Edited by jbwelda

yeah it does look like if you can rotate each engine inward (toward the center) about 10 degrees they will line up...but whether it is easy or even possible to do that at this point is questionable. I thought I was the only one found themselves in this position!

still very nice work there

jb

Looks great. I hope to build one also.

I am curious, how did the parts fit?

I saw the comments about rotating the engines in a bit so all the exhaust pipes line up and I would agree. If possible now.

Also, if I read his book correctly, There should only be 14 exhaust pipes down the middle. The two last ones went under the cockpit.

I never saw it mentioned on this car, but I know he also liked the pipes at the same angle as his rollgage. I can't tell from the pics if the kit comes this way.

If any of you are interested, his book is a real good read. Lots of pics too!

Edited by DavidChampagne

Looks great. I hope to build one also.

I am curious, how did the parts fit?

I saw the comments about rotating the engines in a bit so all the exhaust pipes line up and I would agree. If possible now.

Also, if I read his book correctly, There should only be 14 exhaust pipes down the middle. The two last ones went under the cockpit.

I never saw it mentioned on this car, but I know he also liked the pipes at the same angle as his rollgage. I can't tell from the pics if the kit comes this way.

If any of you are interested, his book is a real good read. Lots of pics too!

14 pipes down the center is correct...

TommyWithShowboat2-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki