Model Cars Magazine Forum

STERN wheels question for you casters.

I am looking for a caster to replicate some two-piece STERNs (Saleen Style). Does someone already cast them, or would anyone want to cast them (I have 3 of them in one of my kits....either here or in Florida. You could say I really need the fourth!)? If you would cast them, I myself would take 2 sets plus one spare wheel.

I just tried to pull some images to this thread, but copy/paste failed horribly! Guess that is what happens when they are NOT my pics. Anyway, they are the two-piece star wheel with the rivet band around the 'spider' of the wheel, flat-faced (Google Saleen Stern or Saleen SA10).

I just tried to pull some images to this thread, but copy/paste failed horribly! Guess that is what happens when they are NOT my pics. Anyway, they are the two-piece star wheel with the rivet band around the 'spider' of the wheel, flat-faced (Google Saleen Stern or Saleen SA10).

here ya go whale. heres a pic.

post-6066-12750901282693_thumb.jpg

Steve; if I remember correctly (that is asking a lot as jet fuel and time have blurred the mind and killed off many brain cells) they were released by either Aoshima or Fujimi as a wheel/tire/brake set in the mid 90s.